Tips for improving your Computer’s (Windows) Performance:
Disable unwanted Startup programs:
Initially Task Manager would appear on simple mode, you can click on more details to access more information.
Go to Startup tab, as shown in the image above, and right click on the program you want to stop.Click on Disable and exit Task Manger.
Finally after exiting, reboot/restart your computer, to allow the changes to take effect.
Uninstall unwanted/unused Software:
Uninstalling unwanted software will not only release disk space, but also improve your computer’s performance.
Go to Control Panel in System Properties, and click on the Programs and features section.
Defrag your hard drive:
Follow these steps given below for defragmenting your hard drive using Disk defragmenter
Click on the Start button and type Disk defragmenter.
Click on the Disk Defragmenter from the search list.
- Click Analyze disk in the Disk Defragmenter and if it prompts for administrator username or password, enter those details and click OK.
- After analyzing click Defragment disk. Defragmentation will take many minutes to complete depending on the size and range of fragmentation of your hard drive.
- You can minimize the Disk Defragmenter and carry on your work. After completion click OK, now the defragmentation is complete.
- You can also schedule automatic defragmentation, to do that click Configure schedule option in the Disk Defragmenter.
- Set time and drive of your choice and then click OK.
Clean Junk files from your system:
Normal installation and uninstallation of software leads to accumulation of junk files or residual files.These junk files needs to be cleared away from PC to prevent slowdown in computer’s performance.Disk cleanup can be done by using Disk cleanup utility. It is an in-built cleanup utility on your Windows operating system. It can be accessed by typing it in the Start menu search bar.Disk cleanup tool have access to all the storage drive connected to your computer. You can clear away unwanted junk files from your computer by using this tool.Remove browser cache files. You can also use freeware like CCleaner for removing junk files from your PC.CCleaner works just like cleaner apps in your android Smartphone.
Hope these steps helped you! Comment your thoughts!